Terms and Conditions 2023/24
1. ANNUAL FEES
(1) The annual fee at Barlavento International Primary School for the academic year 2023/24 is €6600. Fees are payable in one of the following ways:
• Annually. In advance.
• Per term in 3 equal payments. In advance, with the first payment of €2200 due before 6th September 2023, and two further payments of €2200, each due before the last day of the previous term. (ie. the fee for term 2 is due before Friday 15th December 2023 and the fee for term 3 is due before Thursday 28th March 2024.)
• 10 equal monthly payments. (Only by prior arrangement and agreement) Monthly installments of €660 payable one month in advance. The first installment must be received by us before 31st August 2023. Each subsequent installment must be received by us before the 15th of each month (prior to the month for which it is due).
• A 5% discount is offered for a second sibling who will be attending the school full time for the same academic year.
(2) All payment methods. By accepting a place for your child at Barlavento International Primary School, you must agree to one of these payment options. If fees are not paid according to the terms above, we reserve the right to exclude your child from school until outstanding amounts are received by us in full.
2. DEPOSIT & ENROLMENT FEE
(1) A deposit of €2500 is payable on enrolment for those entering the school on acceptance of a place.
(2) €2200 will be refunded when your child leaves the school, provided the child completes at least one term at Barlavento International Primary School, and provided that one full term’s notice has been given in writing. If your child is leaving after the Christmas holiday, we require written notice on or before Wednesday 6th September 2023; if your child is leaving after the Easter holiday, we require written notice on or before Friday 15th December 2023; if your child is leaving after the summer holiday, we require written notice on or before Thursday 28th March 2024.
(3) The returnable amount of €2200 is repaid without interest and less any monies which may be outstanding at the time (e.g. books which have not been returned at the time of preparing the final account, lunch or clubs money, etc.).
(4) Note that a place cannot be reserved until we receive the deposit in full along with the completed enrolment form and signed Terms & Conditions, and that the deposit will not be refunded if your child does not take up their place at Barlavento International Primary School unless one full term’s notice has been given (see above).
(5) The deposit may not be used in lieu of payment for any school fees at any time and can only be returned after fees have been paid in full.
(6) We retain €300 of the deposit as a one-off enrolment fee, and this is non-refundable at any time.
3. NOTICE & TERMINATION
(1) Termination by parent: A full term’s notice (as per 2.2 above) must be given in writing if you wish to withdraw your child from Barlavento International Primary School.
(2) Termination by the school: Whilst endeavouring to provide an inclusive, tolerant and supportive educational environment, Barlavento International Primary School reserves the right to determine whether the teaching methods and style of education we offer will benefit, or is benefiting and suitable for each individual. The school would not terminate the contract without good cause and full consultation with parents and the student (where appropriate).