Terms and Conditions 2020/21
1. ANNUAL FEES
(1) The annual fee at Barlavento International Primary School for the academic year 2020/21 is €6000 and is payable in one of the following ways:
- Annually. In advance.
- Per term. In advance, with the first payment of €2000 due before 31st August 2020, and two further payments of €2000, each due before the last day of the previous term. (ie. the fee for term 2 is due before Friday 18th December 2020 and the fee for term 3 is due before Friday 2nd April 2021.)
- 10 equal monthly payments. (Only by prior arrangement and agreement). Monthly instalments of €600 payable one month in advance. The first instalment must be received by us before 31st August 2020. Each subsequent instalment must be received by us before the 15th of each month (prior to the month for which it is due).
(2) All payment methods. By accepting a place for your child at Aljezur International School, you must agree to one of these payment options. If fees are not paid according to the terms above, we reserve the right to exclude your child from school until outstanding amounts are received by us in full.
A 10% discount is offered for a second sibling who will be attending the school full time for the same academic year.
2. DEPOSIT & ENROLMENT FEE
(1) A deposit of €1500 is payable on enrolment for those entering the school on acceptance of a place.
(2) €1200 will be refunded when your child leaves the school, provided that the child completes at least one term at Barlavento International Primary School, and provided that one full term’s notice has been given in writing. The returnable amount is repaid without interest and less any monies which may be outstanding at the time (e.g. books which have not been returned at the time of preparing the final account, outstanding fees etc.).
(3) Note that a place cannot be reserved until we receive the deposit in full along with the completed enrolment form, and that the deposit will not be refunded if your child does not take up their place at Barlavento International Primary School.
(4) The deposit may not be used in lieu of payment for any school fees at any time.
(5) We retain €300 of the deposit as an enrolment fee, and this is non-refundable at any time.
3. NOTICE & TERMINATION
(1) Termination by parent: A full term’s notice must be given in writing if you wish to withdraw your child from Barlavento International PrimarySchool.
(2) Termination by the school: Whilst endeavouring to provide an inclusive, tolerant and supportive educational environment, Barlavento International Primary School reserves the right to determine whether the teaching methods and style of education we offer will benefit, or is benefiting and suitable for each individual. The school would not terminate the contract without good cause and full consultation with parents and the student (where appropriate).